Betech Data Policy
Here you can read about our processing of your personal data in connection with the use of betechseals.com.
This notice describes how Betech A/S as data controller collects and processes your data in connection with the use of betechseals.com and the associated and connected online services.
Data controller and contact details
The purposes and legal basis for processing your personal data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Creating and managing your account, including completing your purchases through our website and delivering your goods
- Disclosure of information to carriers for the purpose of delivering your goods
- Improving and developing our website, services and products, including through the compilation of statistics in anonymized form
- Sending out service announcements, market, satisfaction and customer surveys and inviting user reviews
- Ensuring compliance with terms and conditions, including being able to establish, defend and enforce legal claims
- Compliance with legal requirements, including in relation to bookkeeping
The legal basis for our processing of your personal data follows from:
- Re. 1. Our conclusion of an agreement with you on the creation and administration of your account, including agreement on the purchase of goods via our website, cf. Article 6(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation
- Re. 2. Our entering into an agreement with you for the delivery of your goods, cf. Article 6(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation
- Re. 3. Our legitimate interest in being able to improve and develop our website, services and products, cf. Article 6(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation
- Re. 4. Our legitimate interest in being able to conduct surveys etc. cf. the General Data Protection Regulation Art. 6(f)
- Re. 5. Our legitimate interest in ensuring compliance with terms and conditions, including to be able to establish, defend and enforce legal claims, cf. Article 6(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation
- Re. 6. Our legal obligation to comply with the law, cf. Article 6(c) of the GDPR
Categories of personal data
Personal data that may be collected and processed includes:
- Name, address and contact details
- Other information about you for your account, including information about your purchase history, order history, delivery location and time, most purchased items, etc.
- Information about your Digital Behavior collected via cookies
- Information related to your account, i.e. login details (email address and password)
- If you use a payment card, only our PCI Certified partner QuickPay will have access to your payment card details.
Categories of recipients
We may, as appropriate, transfer your personal data to the following recipients as part of the fulfillment of the above purposes:
- Disclosure to carriers in connection with the delivery of your goods
- Outsourcing to IT suppliers as part of operations and support
- Personal data may be disclosed to third parties to a wider extent, e.g. if this is required by mandatory legal or regulatory requirements or by disclosure to the police, courts, lawyers and auditors
Transfer to recipients in countries outside the EU/EEA
We use the following suppliers, which may involve the transfer of personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA:
- Microsoft Corporation: Headquartered in the USA
- Google LLC: Headquartered in the USA and may be transferred to India.
- Trustpilot A/S: transfer to the USA and Australia may occur
- Facebook: Headquartered in the US
The transfer basis is:
All processors listed above use standard contractual clauses as the basis for transfer, cf. Article 46 of the GDPR
Storage of your personal data
We store your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes of our processing. We have the following retention periods:
- Inquiries to us by email or phone are deleted when the purpose of the storage no longer exists
- Competitions, events, loyalty programs and the like are stored for as long as there is a purpose for the storage
- Sending of newsletters and other marketing is stored until you unsubscribe from the newsletter or the receipt of marketing
- We keep receipts for your purchases for up to 72 months in accordance with accounting laws
- Your Digital Behavior is stored until the user asks for it to be deleted
- Documentation of your acceptance of our terms, conditions, privacy policies, etc. is stored for as long as there is a purpose for the storage
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of rights in relation to our processing of information about you.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency's guide on the rights of data subjects, which you can find at www.datatilsynet.dk.
- You have the right to access the data we process about you, as well as a number of additional information about the processing, cf. Article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, cf. Article 16 of the GDPR.
- In a number of cases, you have the right to have personal data erased before the time for our regular general erasure occurs, cf. Article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- In certain cases, you have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted to storage only, cf. Article 18 of the GDPR.
- If you have a specific reason, you have the right to object to our otherwise lawful processing of your personal data. In addition, you have the right to object, without justification, to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including targeting, cf. Article 21 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- In certain cases, you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have this personal data transmitted from one data controller to another without hindrance, cf. Article 20 of the GDPR.
- You have the right to file a complaint with the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are dissatisfied with the way we process your personal data.